Computer Lab Hours
The academic computer labs vary somewhat in size, type of hardware, and layout. Hours differ slightly from lab to lab.
Please feel free to call any of the Lab Supervisors for further explanation of the information below. All users of Oakton's computing labs are expected to follow our Lab Guidelines.
- Color Printers have limited access. See the Lab staff for information.
- Hours during breaks and summer semester will vary and will generally follow the College hours.
- Only the rooms designated as "Open Labs" are open the hours specified for each area; all other rooms are open when a class is in session
- Rooms can only be reserved when the labs and school are open.
Des Plaines Campus
When classes are not in session, or during interim sessions, some open computer labs may be closed or have reduced hours which will be posted in all labs.
Hours: Mon. - Fri. 8 am - 10 pm, Sat. & Sun. 8 am - 5 pm
Lab Coordinator: Maria Arciniegas, ext. 1746
Open lab: 1835
Hours: Mon. - Fri. 7:30 am - 10 pm, Sat. & Sun. 8 am - 5 pm
Lab Coordinator: Toni Mammana, ext. 1624
Open Lab: 2622
In addition, the Des Plaines campus has six speciality computer labs for areas such as Art and Nursing.
Hours: Mon. - Fri. 8 am - 10 pm; Sat. & Sun. 8 am - 5 pm
Lab Coordinators: Sam Pudi and Manish Varma, ext. 1488
Open Lab: P230
In addition, the Skokie campus has twelve specialty computer labs for areas such as Manufacturing and Art.
The computer labs are closed when the college is closed. When classes are not in session, or during interim sessions, some open computer labs may be closed or have reduced hours which will be posted in all labs.
Help Desk Hours
Des Plaines campus
Walk in hours*
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Phone support hours*
Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
* The College is closed on Friday, Saturday and Sunday during the summer (late May through mid-August.)