Equipment and Materials
Media Services provides equipment, educational media, and assistance for classes and special events. Equipment available at both campuses includes:
- LCD projectors
- Video monitors, DVD, and VHS playback decks
- Video cameras, tripods, and visual presenters
- CD boomboxes and audio recorders
- Flip charts and easels
- Variety of microphones, speakers, and sound systems
- Laptop computers
Classrooms and teaching spaces at both campuses are permanently equipped with LCD video projectors, computers with DVD playback capability, and pull-down or motorized screens. Additional equipment can be delivered to classrooms.
Equipment can be reserved online through myOakton or by calling or stopping in at the Media Services offices on each campus.
The bulk of the college's media collection is housed at the Des Plaines campus. Please go to myOakton and find it by selecting My Courses tab and scrolling down to the Media Services section for students. Also, note that all equipment and materials may only be used for Oakton-related purposes.
Des Plaines campus
Monday - Friday*
7:45 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Saturday 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.*
Monday - Thursday
7:30 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m - 5 p.m.*
Saturday 8 a.m. - Noon*
Contact Us | Staff Directory
* The College is closed on Friday, Saturday and Sunday during the summer (late May through mid-August.)