About the Museum
The Koehnline Museum of Art is committed to establishing and encouraging an adventuresome environment for art. Its programs and exhibits are designed for students, College employees, and members of the greater community, and so serve an educational purpose as well as exploring and illuminating current directions in regional, national, and international art. In fulfilling these purposes, the museum.
- Advocates the support of local art and makes an active effort to present Chicago area artists.
- Focuses on modern and contemporary art reflecting excellence and educational value through a diversity of genres and aesthetic principles.
- Seeks opportunities to explore the educational potential of its exhibits, providing supplemental materials and documentation intended to amplify viewers' understanding of art on exhibit and to stimulate research.
- Provides online resources to develop and increase awareness of both temporary exhibits and the College's permanent collection of modern and contemporary painting, sculpture, and graphic art.
- Provides expertise for the display, documentation, conservation, and expansion of the College's permanent collection.
- Serves as a lab for Museum Studies.
The Koehnline Museum of Art Advisory Board
- Carlee Drummer
Executive Director, College Advancement
- Jim Krauss
Chair and Professor of Art
- Berney Krule
Chair and Professor of Art & Photography, Graphic Design
- Judy Langston
Professor of Art & Graphic Design
- Gary Newhouse
Dean of Library & Media Services
- Mark Palmeri
Associate Professor of Art
- Lou Pierozzi
Professor of Art
- Amy Zumfelde
Professor of Modern Languages & Humanities