- Course Descriptions
- Division of Science and Health Careers
- Contact Information
- Essential Skills
- Admission Requirements
- Information Sessions
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Scheduled Courses
Basic Nurse Assistant Training (BNAT)
The BNAT curriculum offers a basic study of principles and procedures used by the nurse assistant in long-term care, home health settings and hospitals. The program focuses on basic human needs and the care of elders. Students acquire skills and concepts through hands-on clinical experiences at local health care facilities.
This is a limited enrollment program.
Four Steps to Enroll in the BNAT Program:
- Call the BNAT office at the the RHC Campus for an appointment for testing and an interview at 847-635-1461.
- Complete an application to Oakton Community College, meeting all admission requirements.
- Register for BNA100 and BNA105 concurrently after acceptance into the BNAT Program.
- Pay for your class by the deadline date that you receive when you register in order to secure your seat.
For more information, contact Kathleen Ahern-Gray, department chair, at 847.635.1461 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Oakton also offers an associate's degree in Nursing.)