Medical Coding and Billing Certificate
First-come, first-served application process.
Minimum Requirements (MCBC)
- Complete and submit Oakton‘s admission application online or return the form to the Enrollment Center.
- Send official high school and/or prior college transcripts to: Enrollment Center, Oakton Community College, 1600 East Golf Road, Des Plaines, IL 60016 (or bring transcripts to the Enrollment Center in the sealed envelope.) Foreign high school graduates or students with foreign college credits need to send English translated copies of their transcripts to Educational Perspectives, www.edperspective.org/oakton. Students with foreign college credits should request a catalog match.
- Placement into English 090 and MAT 070. Placement tests are available at Oakton’s Testing Center.
- Make an appointment with Jennifer Crowley, health career advisor.
Schedule an appointment with Jennifer Crowley, health career advisor, firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Minimum Requirements (A.A.S.)
- Graduation from an accredited high school or General Education Development (GED) certification.
- HIT 104 with a grade of C or better within the last two years.
- BIO 231 with a grade of C or betterwithin the last five years.
- College level mathematics equivalent or higher than MAT 060 or math assessment test.
- College level reading and entry level competency for EGL 101 as demonstrated by coursework or assessment. If applicants do not have EGL 101 or equivalent, completion of Oakton English assessment tests are required.
- Click here for detailed application process.
Other Requirements (A.A.S.)
- Proof of health insurance and current complete physical.
- Meet essential skills which include physical, communicative/cognitive, emotional/psychological criteria.
- Interview with and consent of HIT Faculty.