- Course Descriptions
- Division of Science and Health Careers
- Our Mission
- Program Overview
- Admission Requirements
- Information Sessions
- Curriculum Outcomes
- Course Syllabi
Curriculum Outcomes – National Standards and Competencies
- Collaborate with the family and health team to assist clients in meeting basic needs (Maslow) by using actions and judgment appropriate to clients’ development level. (Erikson)
- Integrate knowledge of general education, nursing and science to provide nursing care for clients and family.
- Communicate independently in an effective therapeutic manner with client’s families, health team and members of the community.
- Use appropriate learning principles for clients’ families in a variety of settings.
- Act as patient advocate for clients and families recognizing human dignity and cultural diversity.
- Use the nursing process in providing safe physical and psychosocial care for clients and families.
- Collaborate with clients, families, and health team members in maintaining and promoting health.
- Demonstrate nursing competence by making appropriate decisions based on critical analysis.
- Demonstrate effective management skills in providing nursing care for client families
- Demonstrate nursing competence using critical thinking.
- Use current technology in the implementation of safe nursing practice.
- Use legal and ethical principles in delivery of nursing care.
- Analyze health care economics and input on client care.
- Demonstrates a personal ethic of social responsibility and service.
- Meet the accepted standards of practice and maintain professional ethics.
Last day for filing Graduation Petitions.
Independence Day holiday College closed.
Independence Day holiday observance, no classes. College open.
Last day to withdraw with a "W" (no withdrawals after mid-term). Students will receive a grade in all courses in which they are enrolled after July 7.
Incomplete (I) grades from spring 2015 semester for which faculty have not submitted final grades will become an "F" after this date.
Faculty grading due.
Second summer interim classes begin.
Faculty return for fall 2015 semester.
Second summer interim classes end.
Fall 2015 semester classes begin.
Second summer interim faculty grading due.