Curriculum Outcomes – National Standards and Competencies
- Collaborate with the family and health team to assist clients in meeting basic needs (Maslow) by using actions and judgment appropriate to clients’ development level. (Erikson)
- Integrate knowledge of general education, nursing and science to provide nursing care for clients and family.
- Communicate independently in an effective therapeutic manner with client’s families, health team and members of the community.
- Use appropriate learning principles for clients’ families in a variety of settings.
- Act as patient advocate for clients and families recognizing human dignity and cultural diversity.
- Use the nursing process in providing safe physical and psychosocial care for clients and families.
- Collaborate with clients, families, and health team members in maintaining and promoting health.
- Demonstrate nursing competence by making appropriate decisions based on critical analysis.
- Demonstrate effective management skills in providing nursing care for client families
- Demonstrate nursing competence using critical thinking.
- Use current technology in the implementation of safe nursing practice.
- Use legal and ethical principles in delivery of nursing care.
- Analyze health care economics and input on client care.
- Demonstrates a personal ethic of social responsibility and service.
- Meet the accepted standards of practice and maintain professional ethics.