RDT Admission Requirements
- High school graduation or GED.
- Completion of EGL 101 Composition I with minimum grade of C.
- Completion of HIT 104 Medical Terminology.
- Completion of CIS 101 Introduction to Computer Information Systems or CIS 103 Computer Software and Concepts or equivalent course.
- Completion of MAT 140 College Algebra and BIO 231 Human Anatomy and Physiology I with minimum grades of C within the last 5 years; both courses count toward the General Education Requirements.
- Three character references.
- Completion of Admission's Entrance Exam
- U.S. residents whose native language is not English will be required to take a TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) examination.
- Participate in an interview.
- A $35 application fee payable to Saint Francis School of Radiography in addition to the $25 Oakton application fee
This is a limited enrollment curriculum. Please contact the RDT Admissions Director, Donald Chun, for additional information. Additional information about the program can also be found at www.presencehealth.org/radschool.
Health Career curricula are governed by specific objectives, rules, and regulations formulated by the College, accreditation agencies, and participating clinical facilities. Students should familiarize themselves with these standards. Student performance is evaluated at the end of each trimester. In addition to the College’s Code of Student Conduct, this academic program requires students to adhere to St. Francis School of Radiography’s Code of Professional and Academic Conduct. Dismissal of a student may result at any time during the 24-month course due to poor academic standing, lack of attention to radiographic principles, or unprofessional conduct. Students must maintain a scholastic average of C (2.0 GPA) or better in the RDT program courses. All academic policies are detailed in the College’s and St. Francis School of Radiography’s student handbooks, which are available in the school offices. Conditional acceptance is awarded to applicants meeting admission criteria. The applicant must then successfully pass a criminal background check and a health screening through Resurrection Health Care. This also includes successful completion of a 10-panel drug screen and a technical standards compliance form.
For additional information, please contact St. Francis Hospital RDT Admission Director: Donald Chun at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847.316.6393.
Faculty on campus and available to students at designated times.