The symbol indicates a required field.
Please meet with an academic advisor/counselor prior to completing the online appeal form. This meeting will clarify how to complete the online form, as well as help you to develop an academic plan and identify success strategies.
Oakton Student ID Number
Home Telephone Number (i.e. 847-123-4567)
Daytime or Cell Telephone (i.e. 847-345-6789)
1. I am requesting consideration for financial assistance for the following semester(select only one.) Appeals must be received by the following dates: October 15 for fall; March 15 for spring; and July 7 for summer. Appeals submitted after the deadline will be reviewed for the following semester.
2. I have met with an Oakton Academic Advisor or Counselor.
Yes I have submitted or will submit a copy of the Advising Agreement and academic plan on: (dd/mm/yy) (You are required to meet with an Advisor or Counselor before consideration of your appeal. Please contact the Enrollment Center at (847) 635-1708 if you have any questions, or the Advising and Counseling Center at (847) 635-1700 to schedule an appointment with an advisor. )
3. Is this the first time you have submitted an appeal for Academic Standards at Oakton Community College?
4. Which part of Academic Standards do you need to improve?
Grade Point Average - to a 2.0 Completion Rate of Attempted Courses - to 66.66% Timeframe
5. Please summarize why you failed to complete the academic progress requirements and identify the activities that would allow you to demonstrate satisfactory academic progress. Be sure to reference each semester you did not pass or complete every course in the semester. Please ensure that you fully explain your individual and personal situation. (You may use Microsoft Word to type and spell check your statement and then copy and paste the information on the block.)
6. Submit third party documentation that identifies the reason(s) why you failed to maintain academic progress, such as a letter from a medical doctor or other mental health professional, medical, or legal documentation; or a death certificate.
Yes I have submitted or will submit information on: (dd/mm/yy)
7. Please tell us what steps you will be taking to improve your academic performance. List your educational objectives and clarify how these objectives will be achieved. Please ensure that you fully explain your intended course of action. (You may use Microsoft Word to type and spell check your statement and then copy and paste the information to the block.)
8. I understand that if this appeal is approved for this semester and if after this semester I do not make satisfactory progress, my financial assistance may be permanently suspended at Oakton Community College. Eligibility for financial assistance would only be considered once I have regained eligibility by paying for classes on my own.
Your appeal will be reviewed in the order it was received. Failure to complete any part of the appeal process could result in either a delay or the loss of financial assistance. You will be informed in writing at the address on file with the College of our decision as soon as possible. If approved, you will be sent a "contract" which must be returned before financial assistance is made available.
Further information is available at the Enrollment Center, Des Plaines campus, Room 1860, (847) 635-1708 Ray Hartstein campus, Room A100, (847) 635-1250.