- Center for Professional Development
Center for Professional Development
Employees of the college can sign up for workshops and find more information about the CPD through myOakton, on the "HR, Payroll, & CPD" tab.
Oakton’s Center for Professional Development (CPD) provides a wide range of professional development resources for all College employees. The Center’s goal is to help faculty, staff and administration:
- strengthen their commitment to effectively serving this learning community.
- enrich the teaching and learning process.
- create a community that inspires freshness of thought, creativity, and innovation.
- explore instructional resources and programs in a convenient and friendly environment.
The CPD offers:
- workshops and training in such areas as leadership development, career skills, and use of technology.
- access to computer workstations, printers (color and b&w), high speed scanner with document feeder, and flatbed scanners
- equipment – headphone/microphone combinations, digital cameras and iClickers – for check out.
- one-on-one assistance with business software, web and multi-media tools, instructional design, and more.
- assistance with your workshop, seminar or conference logistics including attendee registration, room reservations and setup, and food service.
Manager, Center for Professional Development
Center for Professional Development Assistant