Library Services for Oakton Community College District Residents
How to Get Your Oakton Library Special User ID Card
Oakton Community College district residents may apply for a Oakton Library Special User ID at the circulation desk at the Des Plaines or RHC Skokie campuses.
Oakton Community College district residents include:
- Adults living in the Oakton district (must provide a current valid Illinois driver's license or current valid Illinois state ID card with proof of residency)
- Employees working for a company in the Oakton district (those working in the Oakton Community College district must provide confirmation of in-district employment on company letterhead, signed by their supervisor.)
- Alliance for Lifelong Learning (ALL) students (ALL students not living in the Oakton Community College district must provide an Oakton Community College ALL class tuition receipt)
- Students attending a high school in the Oakton district (must provide a high school student ID, current valid Illinois driver's license, or current valid Illinois state ID card)
How to Borrow a Book from Your Oakton Campus Library:
Take the book and your Oakton Library Special ID card to the Des Plaines or Ray Hartstein-Skokie Campus Library Circulation Desk. Staff will check out the book.
Top 6 reasons for Oakton Community College district residents to get an Oakton Library Special ID Card:
- Check out a total of 3 items
- Check out books for 4 weeks each
- Renew books in person or by phone.
- Check out DVDs or videos for 1 week for free
- Use online Library research resources at Oakton Library Reference computers
- Browse and read magazine, journal, and newspapers in the Print Periodicals collections
Please note that there is a lost book charge which is the cost of the book plus a $10 processing fee if the book is overdue for over 90 days.
847.635.1642/Des Plaines Campus Library
847.635.1432/Ray Hartstein Campus Library
August 11 - 24
Mon - Fri: 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Sat - Sun: Closed
Wednesday, August 20
DP: 12 p.m. - 4 p.m.
RHC: 11:15 a.m. - 4 p.m.
September 1, Labor Day
Starting August 25
Mon - Thu: 7:30 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Fri: 7:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Sat: 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.