This Side of the Law
On any college or university campus, it’s important to stay safe. Oakton is no exception: our sworn Public Safety officers take their jobs very seriously and are committed to promoting personal safety and a peaceful environment. You can find them throughout the Des Plaines and Skokie campuses providing a number of services, including:
- patrolling both campuses
- overseeing traffic and parking concerns
- working closely with local police districts
- educating us on various campus safety
- assisting stranded motorists
- accompanying faculty, staff or students to their cars after dark
- investigating criminal complaints
- providing emergency services
If you’re ever in need of assistance, please don’t hesitant to ask one of the Public Safety officers or cadets. They’re here to help!
Faculty on campus and available to students at designated times.