Student Rights and Responsibilities
Students with documented disabilities at Oakton Community College have the right to:
- equal opportunity to participate, work and learn;
- reasonable accommodations;
- appropriate confidentiality;
- information about available services and accommodations;
- information about decisions made by the College regarding appropriate accommodations;
- accessible campus facilities;
- advocacy within the College community.
Students with disabilities at Oakton Community College have the responsibility to:
- identify themselves in order to receive accommodations;
- provide current and valid documentation;
- request appropriate accommodations (at least four weeks' notice);
- follow published procedures for obtaining accommodations and services;
- meet qualifications and standards set for all Oakton students;
- advocate for their individual need.