TRiO News and Events
SSS TRiO Students at Oakton Community College can stay involved on campus by participating in activities and events in the Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters.
To be considered in "Good Standing" with the SSS TRiO program, students must fulfill the "2 Meetings/2 Events" requirement each fall and spring semester.
This requirement may be met by:
- Meeting with your TRiO Advisor at least 2 times each semester
- Participating in at least 2 TRiO or Oakton Events or Activities
Examples of Events:
- TRiO Workshop or Event (see the TRiO Newsletter details)
- Tutoring session, Meeting with Learning Center Staff, Discussion with instructor on progress in course, attending a performance at the Footlik Theater at Des Plaines, workshop or session with career counselor, meeting with a transfer advisor from a school of interest, any other workshop or speaker at Oakton.
- Any questions about an event’s eligibility should be discussed with your TRiO advisor.