Creating and managing a personal chat room
You can create personal chats to talk with peers or other friends at your organization. You can create personal chats from any org unit, and you can access them within any other org unit.
Personal chat rooms can only be accessed by users who have been added to the personal chat’s Participant List. When users are added, the chat room displays under Personal Chats in their list of chats.
Note Depending on your permissions you may not be able to create personal chats.
Create a personal chat room
- Click Chat in the navbar in any org unit.
- Click New Chat on the top tool bar.
- Enter a Title for the chat.
- Enter a Description of the chat.
- Click Create.
- Return to the Chat List page and add users to the chat.
Tip Give your chat a unique, descriptive name and provide a description for it using the Description field to help users distinguish the chat from other chats they are enrolled in.
Add users to a personal chat
- On the Chat list page, click the View members icon beside a personal chat.
- Do one of the following:
- Click Add Members. You can select users from different course offerings using the Select Different Course link.
- If you want to add a personal contact, click Add Personal Contact.
- Select the check box beside the name of users you want to add.
- Click Add.
Remove users from a personal chat
- On the Chat List page, click the View members icon beside a personal chat.
- On the Chat Members page, select the check box beside the users you want to remove.
- Click the Delete icon at the top or bottom of the list.
Edit a personal chat room
You can edit the title and description of chats you create.
- On the Chat List page, click the Edit icon beside the chat you want to modify.
- Change the title and/or description.
- Click Save.
Delete a personal chat room
- Click the Chat link in the navbar.
- Click the Delete icon to the right of the chat.
- Click Delete in the confirmation message.
© 1999-2010 Desire2Learn Incorporated. All rights reserved.