The Technical Communication Certificate program is designed for people with experience and/or education in specific fields who wish to improve their technical communication skills. Students will learn technical writing skills and apply them to a chosen career area. Fields in which technical information is conveyed include software development, engineering, manufacturing, health care, instructional design, marketing, and many other areas in business and industry.
- Clearly communicate technical information to specific audiences, using appropriate media.
- Identify specific audience needs and document purposes.
- Apply graphic and design elements in documents (print and digital) that enhance usability by an intended audience.
- Convert abstract or written ideas into visual elements.
- Write clear, concise prose that facilitates usability by a specified audience.
- Present data and analysis in appropriate media for intended audiences.
- Use appropriate software for conveying information via digital media.
- Employ effective navigational and organizational tools in print and digital documents.
- Apply ethical principle to technical communications, including adherence to intellectual property rights and regulations.