Oakton Community College - For Students

Military Benefits Request

This worksheet must be completed every semester if benefits are desired.

Fields with an asterisk must be completed.

*Guest Student

(for students receiving benefits at their primary institution)

*Submitting documents

*Please indicate your educational benefits (you may select more than one option)

I understand I am not eligible for housing benefits (Post 9/11 GI Bill) if I'm enrolled in less than 7 credit hours.

*Have Military educational benefits been previously used at Oakton Community College

Note: If selected no please submit a paper copy of your DD214 (Member 1 and 4) and/or the letter of eligibility issued by the Illinois Student Assistance Commission for Illinois Veteran's Grant (IVG) or Illinois National Grant (ING) educational benefits to the Enrollment Center.

*Have military educational benefits been previously used at any other college, university, or trade school

Note: If selected 'yes' please submit your academic transcript(s) to Oakton's Enrollment Center and officially request an evaluation once the transcript has been submitted. An Evaluation of Credit Request forms is available at http://www.oakton.edu/studentservices/records/. Transfer credit evaluation is required to receive military benefits.

Important information for students applying for military educational benefits:


Submission of this worksheet indicates that I would like to use my educational benefits for the semester indicated.