Trick or Treat: Oakton Invites Community to Halloween Events
(Oct. 17, 2019) The Oakton Community College Office of Student Life invites trick-or-treaters of all ages to Halloween events Thursday, Oct. 31, at the college’s campuses in Des Plaines, 1600 E. Golf Road, and Skokie, 7701 N. Lincoln Ave.
“Families in Oakton’s district are invited to celebrate Halloween in a safe environment,” says Simi Khurana, Student Life and Campus Inclusion coordinator. “The event is intended to bring together the college and community and allow young people to discover Oakton in a fun and engaging way.”
Halloween day will involve free spooky events; including trick-or-treating to offices around campus from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Activities are open to the public and include the following:
- Trick-or-Treating: Stop in at any office with a pumpkin sticker on the door, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Des Plaines and Skokie. Bring kids to a safe environment.
- Monster Hunt: Monster stickers will be lurking around campus. Bring “wanted” stickers back to the Student Center, Room 1530, Des Plaines, or Room A160, Skokie for a reward.
- Halloween Movie Trivia: Turn horror film knowledge into treasure, 11 a.m., Des Plaines cafeteria.
- Costume Contest: Win prizes for the ghoul-iest costume, at noon in the Des Plaines and Skokie cafeterias.
- Fortunes Foretold: Visit a tarot card reader, crystal ball gazer or ask the Ouija board about the future, Student Center, Des Plaines.
- Horror Photo Shoot: Take selfies with friends or have fun singing karaoke, Student Center, Des Plaines.
- Count von Count! Guess the number of candy corn in the jar and win, Student Center, Des Plaines, with the winner announced at 1 p.m.
- Bloody Makeover: Get a free makeover you will be howling about, Student Center, Des Plaines.
- The “Halloween” Games: Register a team of five to participate in various games. Winning teams will receive goodies and gift cards. Register online at https://tinyurl.com/OaktonHG2019. Games will start at 6 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 30, Student Center, Des Plaines.
For more information, call 847.635.1699 or email@example.com.
In addition to the Halloween Games, people of all ages may attend a free trick or treat event 4:30 - 6:30 p.m., Friday, Oct. 25, at the Mulford parking lot at the Skokie campus. “Trunk or Treat” includes games, food and music. All guests under the age of 17 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. In case of inclement weather, the event will take place in Room P103.