- Course Descriptions
- Division of Science and Health Careers
- Contact Information
- Essential Skills
- Phlebotomy Admission Requirements
- Information Sessions
The phlebotomy certificate program trains students to perform phlebotomy procedures, the collection of blood for diagnostic testing. The curriculum at Oakton complies with standardized educational curricula and accepted routes for national certification, in preparation for qualification by national and state agencies. This certificate is a valuable credential for health care professionals, including nurses.
This is a limited enrollment program.
High school graduation or successful completion of the GED exam.
- Prior to the admission interview, applicants must provide proof of successful completion of EGL 101 or demonstrate entry-level competency for EGL 090 by placement testing.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better.
- Reading Native Compass test with a score of 77 or higher
- Satisfactory interview with MLT faculty.
- Those admitted will be required to submit a current and complete physical examination record before registering in MLT 204.
For more information, contact Jennifer Crowley, health career advisor, at 847.635.1844 or firstname.lastname@example.org.