The Theater Concentration is an eighteen (18) semester hour program designed for students with an interest in theater. Students will experience different learning pedagogies within a common theme as they complete their general education requirements and prepare for transfer with a solid knowledge base and concentrated portfolio in the performing arts. The curriculum includes a core of fundamental courses in Acting and Stagecraft, along with multiple options for courses in Speech, Humanities, and Literature, many of which have IAI transfer codes.
Students meeting the requirements for the Theater Concentration will have a notation added to their transcript. In order to receive the notation, students must meet with the Chair of Performing Arts and submit a Theater Concentration Completion Form.
Theater Concentration Requirements
Required Courses (3 semester credit hours each)
- HUM 131 – Introduction to Theater
- THE 103 – Fundamentals of Acting
- THE 135 – Stagecraft I
- THE 202 – Intermediate Acting
Elective Options (3 semester credit hours each)
- EGL 113 – Introduction to Drama
- EGL 234 – Introduction to Shakespeare
- EGL 235 – Studies in Shakespeare
- SPE 103 – Effective Speech
- SPE 104 – Oral Interpretation
- SPE 105 – Training of the Speaking Voice
- THE 115 – Stage Lighting
- THE 130 – Directing
- THE 136 – Stagecraft II
- THE 140 – Stage Movement
- THE 156 – Acting for the Camera
For more information, contact Patti Interrante at 847.376.7059, or email@example.com.