- Community Education
- Continuing Education for
Health Professionals (CEHP)
- Emeritus (55 and Older)
- English as a
Second Language (ESL)
- General Education
- Literacy/Reading Classes
- Online Learning
- Youth Programming
CDL and Certification Training
Get on the road to a new career in transportation. The CDL Program includes classroom instruction, Lab, and individual driving lessons. Instructors will prepare you for the final exam leading to a Class A License certification. Prerequisite: All interested applicants must attend one of the below orientation dates.
Ongoing Orientation Dates
Tuesday, May 6, 2014, 6-7:30 pm (Levy Senior Center, 300 Dodge Ave, Evanston)
June 30, 2014, 6 - 7:30 pm (Des Plaines Campus)
*Orientation required to register for training. Eligibility, program details, registration requirements, and ongoing training dates are covered during orientation sessions
Register for Orientation Online CDL Orientation Registration
• Training for CDL Class A License
• Two-month program covering equipment fundamentals, air brakes, pre-trip inspection, log books and more!
• Flat rate cost that covers training, permit, books, and CDL exam
• Job placement assistance
• Visits from recruiters who are looking to hire!
• Great earning potential: Drivers can make $35,000 - $70,000 annually
• High demand for drivers!
• 18 years or older (21 to drive locally)
• Pass Illinois Department of Transportation physical exam and drug test
• Relatively clean driving record
• High School Diploma or GED Preferred
• Attend FREE orientation (Seating Limited)
Summer registration opens March 26; Spring registration is ongoing.
Youth STEM Summer Programs
Registration opens March 26.
Online Flexible Registration System
Register using our online "Flexible Registration" system; with its shopping cart functionality. The online registration system serves as a convenient and seamless method for searching, registering, and paying for classes. Visit our How to Register page today and find out more about our flexible registration system.