- Community Education
- Continuing Education for
Health Professionals (CEHP)
- Emeritus (55 and Older)
- English as a
Second Language (ESL)
- General Education
- Literacy/Reading Classes
- Online Learning
- Youth Programming
CDL and Certification Training
Get on the road to a new career in transportation. The CDL Program includes classroom instruction, Lab, and individual driving lessons. Instructors will prepare you for the final exam leading to a Class A License certification. Prerequisite: All interested applicants must attend one of the below orientation dates.
Ongoing Orientation Dates
Tuesday, May 6, 2014, 6-7:30 pm (Levy Senior Center, 300 Dodge Ave, Evanston)
June 30, 2014, 6 - 7:30 pm (Des Plaines Campus)
*Orientation required to register for training. Eligibility, program details, registration requirements, and ongoing training dates are covered during orientation sessions
Register for Orientation Online CDL Orientation Registration
• Training for CDL Class A License
• Two-month program covering equipment fundamentals, air brakes, pre-trip inspection, log books and more!
• Flat rate cost that covers training, permit, books, and CDL exam
• Job placement assistance
• Visits from recruiters who are looking to hire!
• Great earning potential: Drivers can make $35,000 - $70,000 annually
• High demand for drivers!
• 18 years or older (21 to drive locally)
• Pass Illinois Department of Transportation physical exam and drug test
• Relatively clean driving record
• High School Diploma or GED Preferred
• Attend FREE orientation (Seating Limited)
Introduction to Spanish for Health Care Workers Age 50 and Over
Learn how to converse with Spanish-speaking patients and guests in any health care setting.
Wednesdays, September 3 - November 5
Space is limited! Register by August 22 and take advantage of a $79 reduced fee. (After August 22, fee is $100)
Online Flexible Registration System
Register using our online "Flexible Registration" system; with its shopping cart functionality. The online registration system serves as a convenient and seamless method for searching, registering, and paying for classes. Visit our How to Register page today and find out more about our flexible registration system.
Offered through the American Association of Community Colleges Plus 50 Encore Completion Program.