- Access, Equity, and Diversity
- The Arts at Oakton
- Early Childhood Centers
- Facilities Master Plan
- Fast Facts
- History of Oakton
- Institutional Publications
- Leadership at Oakton
- Locations & Facilities
- Offices & Departments
- Our Mission, Vision and Values
- Presidential Search
- Tax Information
- Strategic Planning and Initiatives
- Student Success
Our Vision, Mission & Values
We are the community's college.
- We are dedicated, first, to excellence in teaching and learning.
- We challenge our students to experience the hard work and satisfaction of learning that leads to intellectual growth and support them academically, emotionally and socially.
- We encourage them to entertain and question ideas, think critically, solve problems and engage with other cultures, with one another and with us.
- We expect our students to assume responsibility for their own learning, to exercise leadership and to apply ethical principles in their academic, work and personal lives.
- We demand from ourselves and our students tolerance, fairness, responsibility, compassion and integrity.
We are a community of learners.
- We provide education and training for and throughout a lifetime.
- We seek to improve and expand the services we offer in support of the people in the communities we serve.
- We promote a caring community of staff and faculty members, students, administrators and trustees who, in keeping with our values, work together to fulfill our mission.
We are a changing community.
- We recognize that change is inevitable and that education must be for the future.
- We respond to change informed by our values and our responsibility to our students and our communities.
- We challenge our students to be capable global citizens, guided by knowledge and ethical principles, who will shape the future.