Applying for Aid
It’s easy to apply for financial assistance at Oakton. Here’s what to do.
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Receive your Student Aid Report (SAR) from the U.S. Department of Education. The SAR estimates the amount you and/or your family are able to contribute toward college expenses; your aid award is based on the difference between the College’s cost of attendance and this amount.
- Submit Oakton's Financial Aid Information Form. You may be required to submit additional information such as tax forms and bank statements.
- Submit the Oakton Community College Scholarship Application if you’re applying for an Oakton-funded scholarship.
- Check application procedures for any additional scholarship programs. For instance, some Illinois financial aid programs require separate applications. Check the CollegeIllinois Web site for more information.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR FINANCIAL AID RECIPIENTS
All scholarship, veterans, and financial assistance recipients must enroll in the Financial Aid EZ Pay Payment Plan – even if tuition and fees are covered in full – because any change in enrollment status may result in decreased eligibility for financial aid. Students expecting financial assistance to pay their tuition and fees also must enroll in EZ Pay.
How to fill out the FAFSA