Make your work hours count! Discover the Internship Program at Oakton.
“Through Oakton’s supportive approach, I have felt grounded while reaching for new levels of life experience. The Internship Program unites education with application, making it immediately relevant to life.”
— Carolyn Schwartz, student intern at S.O.U.L. Creations, Inc., Evanston, IL
- Build your professional résumé or portfolio
- Transfer classroom learning to “real world” experience
- Fulfill learning goals
- Earn $9 to $15 per hour working in your field of study
Who is eligible?
- Students enrolled full or part time in credit or noncredit courses at Oakton
- Students who have completed credit hours in their major field of study
- Students with a 2.5 GPA or higher
- Students able to commit 5–20 hours per week for 10–16 weeks (actual time determined by employer)
What kinds of internships are available?
- Internships are available in almost every major, especially accounting, graphic design, marketing/sales, IT, and manufacturing.
Please note: We do not place students in direct patient care positions (nursing, substance abuse counseling, etc.); see your department chair for more information on the practicums/clinicals required in your major.
- For a listing of current internships, see Oakton's listing of current internship opportunities (PDF).
For more information regarding the Internship Program, please contact Shannon McKenzie, Internship Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847.376.7165 .