Branches of Illinois State Government
- Governor's Office of Management and Budget prepares the Governor's annual state budget and advises the Governor on the availability of revenues and the allocation of those resources to agency programs. The Office also issues general obligations and Build Illinois bonds, manages the state's capital program, analyzes state agency programs and budgets and evaluates personnel and operating needs.
- Office of Executive Inspector General is an independent State agency dedicated to ensuring accountability in State government. The OEIG receives and investigates complaints of fraud, waste, abuse and misconduct, and recommends corrective action. In addition, the OEIG promotes and coordinates the State’s ethics initiatives for the agencies under its jurisdiction.
- Governor's Office of Boards & Commissions. One of the important responsibilities of the governor involves appointing Illinois citizens to hundreds of boards, commissions, authorities, task forces, and councils. Many boards serve as advisory groups for state agencies, while others help establish guidelines and set standards for various professions and businesses operating in Illinois.
- Consumer Protection Division protects Illinois consumers and businesses victimized by fraud, deception, and unfair business practices.
- Illinois Attorney General Opinions, opinions of the Illinois Attorney General since 1995.
- Building Better Charities provides consumers with valuable information and tips on donating wisely and charitable organizations with specific information on reporting requirements, rules and statutes, and the forms necessary for registering and reporting as required by law.
- Ensuring Open and Honest Government provides access to information about the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and the Open Meetings Act (OMA), including educational materials and filing a FOIA request.
- Illinois Register, rules of governmental agencies.
- Services for Motorists
- Services for Business
- Services for Persons with Disabilities
- Organ & Tissue Donation
- Finance 101, terms and processes related to the finances of the State of Illinois.
- Open Book, a searchable database of state contracts and campaign contributions.
- Bright Start College Savings Program
- Finally Home helps Illinois residents purchase or refinance a home if they have difficulty qualifying for a mortgage.
- Tomorrow's Money includes tools and information you need to manage your personal finances and secure your future.
- Cultivate Illinois, farm and green loans.
List of Illinois' agencies, boards, and commissions.
Rules and regulations for each title of the Illinois Compiled Statutes.
- Illinois Legislature, links and resources.
- Illinois General Assembly, information about the Senate, the House, Legislation & Laws, and Rules & Regulations.
- Illinois State Senators contains list of members, party affiliation, district, and biographical information, contact information, committee members and schedules, and the full text of the senate rules.
- Illinois State Representatives contains list of members, party affiliation, district, and biographical information, contact information, committee members and schedules, and the full text of the house rules.
- Current Legislation, full text of bills and resolutions of the current General Assembly.
- Illinois Compiled Statutes contains the full text of the laws of the State of Illinois.
- Public Acts,contains full text of the Public Acts from the current General Assembly and links to Public Acts from previous General Assemblies.
- Constitution of the State of Illinois, adopted at special election on December 15, 1970.
- Legislative Support Services, commissions and agencies that provide support to the House and Senate.
- Official Site of the Illinois Courts, includes links to official sites and opinions for the Illinois Supreme, Appellate, and Circuit Courts.
- Office of the State Appellate Defender, information about the Office, including annual reports and a summary of criminal law issues pending before the Illinois Supreme Court.
- Supreme and Appellate Court Opinions, allows searching by year for Opinions of the Illinois Supreme Court, Illinois Appellate Courts and the Industrial Commission since 1996.
- Illinois Judicial Circuit Court Rules, includes Illinois judicial circuit court rules available online.
- Illinois Attorney Registration & Disciplinary Commission, includes information about filing a complaint against an attorney, information on lawyer registration, and recently filed disciplinary decisions from the Illinois Supreme Court.