Illinois Government Information Resources
Find Your State Representative or Senator
Need to find your Legislative District, State Representative or State Senator? Try the State of Illinois' District/Official Search box. You also will get the names of your other elected officials, including your U.S. Representative and U.S. Senators.
Recovery.Illinois.gov was created to help quickly share information about the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, so that every deserving project in Illinois can capture and use its fair share of federal stimulus funds.
Illinois Department of Employment Security
With nearly 60 locations throughout the state, the Illinois Department of Employment Security is your direct link to Illinois workforce services: job placement and referrals, unemployment insurance, employment and training programs, career and labor market information, and payroll tax filing.
Impeachment of Rod R. Blagojevich, Former Governor of the State of Illinois:
- Senate Impeachment Tribunal Documents
- Audio recordings and transcripts of intercepted communications
- Special House Investigative Committee Documents
General Information and Basic Documents
The State of Illinois' official web portal, Illinois.gov, includes information about living, working, visiting, and learning in Illinois. The site also includes information about business, public safety, technology, and Illinois government.
Branches of Government
The Branches of the Illinois State Government include the Executive Branch, headed by the Governor; the Legislative Branch, including the State House of Representatives and the Senate; and the Judicial Branch, including the Illinois Supreme Court and the lower State courts.
Illinois CLICKS! is the Citizens' Library of Illinois Comprehensive Knowledge Service -- an anywhere, anytime information portal, offering the residents of Illinois vital, high-quality information efficiently, via the Internet, and vetted by more than 100 librarians and other subject experts statewide.
Illinois Documents Depository Program
The Illinois State Archives
The Illinois State Archives serves by law as the depository of public records of Illinois state and local governmental agencies which possess permanent administrative, legal, or historical research values. Records include minutes, correspondence and administrative files from constitutional offices, departments and divisions, state institutions, and various boards.
The Illinois Digital Archives
The Illinois Digital Archives includes collections highlighting cemetery records, The Springfield Aviation Company, Mining & Mother Jones, Oral Histories of Centralia, and World War II Posters.
Illinois Special Reports
- Education Spending in Illinois, a special report in Fiscal Focus, a publication of the Illinois State Comptroller, April 2009.
- Population Aging: Are Governments Ready?, a special report in Fiscal Focus, a publication of the Illinois State Comptroller, July 2007.
- The Economic Impact of Illinois Community Colleges: A Report to the Illinois Community College Board, The Center for Governmental Studies, Northern Illinois University, May 2007.
- The Illinois Report 2009, by the Institute of Government and Public Affairs (University of Illinois)
- Fiscal Focus: Education Spending in Illinois (a publication of the Illinois State Comptroller, April 2009)
- 2008 Report on Illinois Poverty, by the Illinois Poverty Summit, an initiative of the Heartland Alliance.