Illinois Government Information Resources
Illinois.gov: the State’s official web portal.
State Government Resources
Living in Illinois
- Search for your State Representative, Senator, or Legislative District
- Voter Information
- Business Services: resources for Illinois businesses
- Education resources, plus Illinois’ Board of Higher Education & Community College Board
- Illinois Department of Employment Security: Employment & Unemployment
- Healthcare & Family Services
- GetCoveredIllinois: 'Obamacare' Affordable Health Care Act health insurance information
- Health & Safety Services
- Illinois Department of Revenue: IL Tax Forms
- Vehicle Services & Rules of the Road
- Veteran Services
- Forms for every need
Illinois Publications & Reports
- Illinois Blue Book: information about state officials, government offices, and state facts & history
- Illinois Handbook of Government: features new congressional & legislative district maps, descriptions of various government offices, and names of current government officials.
- Illinois report 2014: helps decision makers tackle the state's pressing problems.
Illinois Directories & Databases Online
State Repositories & Historical Research
Illinois Digital Archives contains historic Illinois images, oral histories, manuscripts, letters, documents, videos, newspapers, and more.
Genealogical Research contains Illinois birth, census, death, land, marriage, and military records.
Cook County Government
Cook County Clerk: includes information on real estate taxes & how to request birth, marriage & death certificates.
Cook County Assessor: home & property value assessments, exemptions, and appeal information.