Oakton Community College provides a broad range of courses and academic programs that prepare students for transfer to four-year colleges, for immediate entrance into occupations or for continuing education. To fully explore all of your options and successfully meet your educational goals, we strongly encourage you to meet with an advisor each semester. Keep in mind that academic advising is a joint effort between you and your advisor.
Recommended steps for continuing or previously enrolled students prior to each semester:
- Review the Oakton catalog for details about our academic programs, career programs, degree or certificate requirements, and course offerings.
- Meet with an academic advisor and use the course planning worksheet to help you build your schedule. Advisors and counselors can help you in the following areas:
• Personalized educational plan
• Selection of appropriate courses
• Progress toward goals
• Transfer process
• Tools for academic success
- Stop by Academic Advising to pick up transfer guides and materials, as well as meet with an advisor to discuss your transfer plans.