Oakton Community College students, alumni and community members are welcome to take advantage of the job opportunities posted on our online job board, www.collegecentral.com/oakton.
Oakton is a member of a partnership with 12 other community colleges - CCJobNet*. After you complete the registration process you will view job listings sent to Oakton and the partner community colleges. You can visit the Web site 24/7.
- Select either the Student, Alumni or Community icon.
- Click on the Register Now link.
- Create an Access ID and Password that you will remember.
- Click on Continue Registration.
- Complete the registration form. You only need to complete the fields marked with an *.
- When your registration is complete click on My Home Page.
You can search for jobs on two unique databases: Oakton Community College/CCJobNet and CCN's Jobs Central.
- For Oakton Community College/CCJobNet listings, after you login select Search for Jobs/Opportunities Posted to My School.
- For jobs in CCN's Jobs Central, click on the link in the second gray box. Keep in mind the jobs in CCN's Jobs Central are NOT opportunities posted to Oakton Community College or CCJobNet, but to a national job database.
- On the "Welcome" page under Manage My Resume click on Upload a Resume and follow the instructions.
- When a new resume is uploaded it replaces the old resume. Resumes that have not been updated in 18 months will be purged from the database.
Using the Internet to find a Job
Career Services' online tutorial Using the Internet to find a Job helps users make sense of the thousands of career Web sites available, and provides links to over 120 job-related Web sites.
Disclaimer: Career Services at Oakton Community College and the CCJobNet partnership provides a free job posting service. Career Services and the CCJobNet partnership do not endorse any company and/or its services. Due to the volume of job postings received, Career Services is unable to research the integrity of each organization or person that lists a job vacancy or guarantee that all jobs are still available. Oakton Community College, Career Services or the CCJobNet partnership are not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or other aspects of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of each job seeker to research the integrity of the organization(s) to which he/she is applying and verify the specific information pertaining to the job posting.
* CCJobNet partner schools include Elgin Community College, Illinois Valley Community College, Joliet Junior College, Kankakee Community College, Kishwaukee College, McHenry County College, Moraine Valley Community College, Oakton Community College, Prairie State College, Rock Valley College, South Suburban College, Triton College, and Waubonsee Community College.
Des Plaines Campus
1600 E. Golf Road
Des Plaines, Illinois 60016
8:30 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Monday - Thursday
8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
7701 N. Lincoln Ave.
Skokie, Illinois 60077