- Apply to Oakton online at www.oakton.edu.
- As part of the application process, submit your transcripts and ACT scores.
- Call the ASSIST office at 847.635.1759 to set up an intake appointment with an ASSIST staff member.
- Meet with an ASSIST staff member for your scheduled intake appointment.
- Bring documentation of disability to intake meeting.
- Take placement tests after intake meeting.
- Attend the New Student Orientation (postcard will be sent to you when application file is complete).
- At Orientation, you will meet with an Academic Advisor, review placement test scores, and register for classes.
- Fill out Accommodation Request Form in the ASSIST Office on your Orientation day or as soon as possible after registering for classes.
- Please Note: Some accommodations may take up to four weeks to be processed, so request early.
- Pick up Accommodation Letters from the ASSIST office and give them to instructors when classes start.
- Accommodation requests must be made in writing EVERY semester in which you would like to use them.
Questions about Disability Services?
Des Plaines - Rm 2400; Skokie - Rm A135
Questions about what classes to take?
Contact Advising & Counseling
Des Plaines - Rm 1130; 847.635.1741
Skokie - Rm A100; 847.635.1400
Questions about Financial Assistance?
Contact Financial Aid
Des Plaines - Rm 1260; 847.635.1708
Skokie - Rm A100; 847.635.1250