College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
Earn college credit at Oakton in many courses through CLEP (College Level Examination Program) testing. A national test site for CLEP, Oakton offers students the opportunity to take tests within the Learning Center and send their results to any college or university that accepts CLEP exams for credit.
- CLEP offers 35 different exams in various disciplines
- To register and pay for an exam, go to The College Board website.
- Registering for an exam provides you with a payment receipt and a Ticket ID, but you must contact the Testing Center to schedule the date and time you wish to take the test.
- The tests are given at the Des Plaines Testing Center, Room 2409.
- A maximum of two tests or one test with an essay, may be attempted on the same test date.
- Oakton charges $15 to administer CLEP tests. This is payable on the day of the test.
Schedule your CLEP test at least one week in advance by calling the Testing Center in Des Plaines 847.635.1939.
You must show photo identification before the test will be administered. Oakton credit will be awarded only to students who have already earned at least six hours credit at Oakton wiith a grade of C or better.