- About the Alliance for Lifelong Learning
- How to Register
- Tuition & Fees
- Volunteer Programs
- Teaching Opportunities
- Community Education
- Continuing Education for
Health Professionals (CEHP)
- Emeritus (55 and Older)
- English as a
Second Language (ESL)
- General Education
- Literacy/Reading Classes
- Online Learning
- Youth Programming
- Earn extra income
- Share your expertise with interested students
- Experience the fulfillment that comes with teaching
Teaching a non-credit continuing education class at Oakton can be rewarding in more ways than one! You can earn extra income while sharing your passion with others, and interact with people who share your interests.
Our non-credit instructors are not required to have degrees, but they must be able to demonstrate expertise in their subject area. Our classes are usually held on weeknights in the early evenings for 2 – 2-1/2 hours from about 6:30 or 7 to 8:30 or 9 pm.
Most continuing education classes are held at one of our participating high school sites, but some may be held on Oakton’s Des Plaines or Skokie campus.
We are looking for prospective teachers with expertise in many areas, especially those connected with:
- Trends in Social Media (e.g., Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook, etc.)
- Language and Culture: Arabic, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Yiddish
- Thriving in the new economy
- 2007/2010 Microsoft Office Application (e.g., Excel, Office Suite, Outlook, Word)
Summer registration opens March 26; Spring registration is ongoing.
Youth STEM Summer Programs
Registration opens March 26.
Online Flexible Registration System
Register using our online "Flexible Registration" system; with its shopping cart functionality. The online registration system serves as a convenient and seamless method for searching, registering, and paying for classes. Visit our How to Register page today and find out more about our flexible registration system.