- Leaders: Level 1
- Leaders: Level 2
Emerging Leader: Level 2
The goal of the Emerging Leader Program is to enhance student leadership skills and set them on the path to lifelong success. Once participants have completed Level I of the Program, they are eligible to continue onto Level II. Only 30 students are selected to participate in this level.
Students Who Complete the Level II Program Will:
- Engage in in-depth leadership studies regarding personal interaction style, group dynamics, problem resolution, and cultural competency.
- Serve in a leadership role for a student club or organization - or comparable activity.
- Prepare for high-level leadership in the campus community.
- Develop strong interpersonal and business skills.
- Identify personal strengths in project completion.
- Engage in a career exploration and professional readiness activity or begin active work in the college search and transfer process.
Program Activities/Requirements (approximately 25 hours):
- Attend nine 1.5 hour classes on specific leadership topics and skills.
- ttend three presentations or workshops offered by various College departments.
- Complete three significant steps toward fulfilling your personal plan (developed during Level 1).
- Complete a three-step project that demonstrates mastery of the leadership skill set. Requires interaction with staff at each stage.
Stage one: Program proposal including objectives/outcomes.
Stage two: Program plan
Stage three: Program completion including evaluation.
Reward for Successful Completion of Level 2:
- A $300 scholarship for Oakton coursework.