Oakton operates bookstores at both the Des Plaines and Skokie campuses. Whether you need books, equipment, or personal items, you’ll find what you need.
Room 1160 • 847.635.1679
Room A130 • 847.635.1421
- Monday, August 1 - Thursday, August 4, 7:45 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Monday, August 8 - Thursday, August 11, 7:45 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Monday, August 15 - Thursday, August 18, 7:45 a.m. - 7p.m. and Friday, August 19, 7:45 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Monday, August 22 - Thursday, August 25, 7:45 a.m. - 7 p.m. and Friday, August 26, 7:45 a.m. - 4 p.m. and Saturday, August 27, 8:00 a.m. - noon.
- Monday, August 29 - Thursday, September 1, 7:45 a.m. - 7 p.m. and Friday, September 2, 7:45 a.m. - 4 p.m. and Saturday, September 3, 8 a.m. - noon.
After September 3, the bookstores will return to normal hours
Monday - Thursday 7:45 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Closed Friday, Saturday and Sunday
Products & Services
Text and Trade Books
The Bookstore stocks all required and optional textbooks. It also rents a limited list of textbooks each semester. Our tradebooks selection includes a variety of dictionaries, thesauri, study aids such as bar charts.
Online Purchase Option
Textbooks can be purchased online:
A limited selection of Windows and Mac computer software is available for sale to students, faculty, and staff. Proper identification is required.
The bookstore carries a wide selection of wirebound notebooks, loose leaf paper, and paper for art and photography.
The store stocks a variety of pencils, pens, and markers.
Oakton Logo Items
Many of our items – from t-shirts and sweatshirts to pens, notebooks, and mugs – carry the Oakton logo.
The bookstore sells greeting cards by Legacy.
A wide variety of gifts and frames are for sale. The Bookstore also carries seasonal gifts.
Candy and Snacks
Candy bars, cookies, and crackers are available for purchase. In addition, the RHC Bookstore has a selection of beverages.
Both Bookstores sell stamps in books of 20, limit one per customer.
Cash, check, Mastercard, Visa, and Discover are accepted at both bookstores. Telecheck is used to process all checks. A State driver's license or State ID is required to write a check.