Student Employee Program
Oakton Community College provides employment opportunities to students in order to enhance their educational experience, promote their involvement with the College and to enable the College to function in an effective and cost-efficient manner.
A student is eligible to work as a student employee if:
- He or she meets the enrollment requirement.
- The student can show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- At time of hire the student has a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 or first semester enrolled at Oakton.
- He or she is making satisfactory progress toward achieving their educational goals. Satisfactory progress mirrors Oakton’s SOAP policy.
ENROLLMENT REQUIREMENT DEFINED
Students are eligible to work as a student employee in any given fall or spring semester if he or she is registered in a minimum of 3 credit hours for that semester. Courses changed to audit and Alliance for Lifelong Learning classes will not be considered for eligibility for student employment.
Students are eligible to work in the summer if they were enrolled the preceding spring, during the current summer term, or for the following fall.
SATISFACTORY PROGRESS DEFINED
Students who maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA each semester and cumulatively are considered to be making satisfactory progress and remain eligible for student employment.
- If a student employee is placed on academic probation according to SOAP, Oakton Community College's academic policy, the student must return to good standing OR remain on academic probation in order to maintain eligibility for student employment.
- If a student progresses to suspension or dismissal they are no longer eligible for student employment.
- Students on suspension or dismissal return are not eligible for student employment.
Applying for a Student Employee Position
The Student Employee Application is now online
Students have easy access the new online application. You can go directly to our student employee application site at oaktonstudentemployee.applicantpro.com/jobs/.
Or, you can access the online application from our online job board www.collegecentral.com/oakton/. When you use our online job board you log in, click on Search for Jobs/Opportunities Posted to My School. In Job Location select On Campus and click on Begin Search. Simply click on “Apply Online” in the student employee job description for which you would like to apply.
Des Plaines campus
1600 E. Golf Road
Des Plaines, Illinois 60016
Monday - Thursday
8:30 a.m. - 7 p.m.
8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
* The College is closed on Friday, Saturday and Sunday during the summer (late May through mid-August.)
7701 N. Lincoln Ave.
Skokie, Illinois 60077