Student Employment Time Sheet
Instructions for completing a Student Employee Timesheet.pdf.
- Complete ONE time sheet for each TWO WEEK pay period.
- Save at every step. DO NOT Submit for Approval until you have completed entering your time for the entire pay period.
- Adhere to time sheet deadlines set by your supervisor. Repeated failure to adhere to deadlines may result in termination.
- The "Submit By Date" is the date and time when your supervisor must approve time sheets. As a result your supervisor will require you to submit your time sheet for approval at an earlier time.
- After the deadline online time sheets for the pay period will be closed. Any time sheet submitted after the deadline must be submitted manually (paper). Expect significant delays in payment with manual time sheets.
- The manual time sheet to be used is titled Payroll Time Revisions and Labor Distribution Overrides.xls which can be located in L:/Student Employment. This time sheet requires an administrator's signature to be processed by Payroll. This same procedure is to be used when you need to make a time sheet revision.
Time Sheet Recording
- Time sheets are legal documents which are required to be an accurate reflection of time worked.
- Student employees are responsible for accurately reporting all hours worked and supervisors must certify that the time sheet is a true and accurate record of actual times and hours worked.
- The U.S. Department of Labor, Wage and Hour Division regulation 29 CFR Part 516 requires complete and accurate timekeeping information.
- The supervisor of a Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) non-exempt employee must closely monitor the employee's work hours and ensure that all time is accurately reported.
- An accurate time sheet protects you from being held responsible for any adverse event that could occur when your time sheet states you were on the job.
- An accurate time sheet safeguards you from exceeding work hour limitations.
- Accurate time sheets are necessary for you to be paid properly and fully.
Instructions for Completing a Manual Time Sheet
- The manual time sheet to be used is titled Payroll Time Revisions and Labor Distribution Overrides.xls which can be located in L:/Student Employment.
- Enter your name
- Banner ID
- Position number FYI - you will find your position number next to your job title on your web time entry time sheet.
- The last day of the pay period (it will aromatically fill in all the other dates). FYI - it is always Saturday.
- An X next to “Time sheet was not completed/approved on line,”
- Your time in and out on the spreadsheet. Time in and time out must follow a specific format. See below.
- The spreadsheet must do the math for you (do NOT write in by hand hours worked).
- The printed manual time sheet is to be signed by your supervisor and requires an administrator's signature to be processed by Payroll.
- Submit the time sheet to Payroll when complete.
If you made an ERROR on your time sheet you must submit a time sheet REVISION.
- You need to include only those days where an error occurred on your revised time sheet. It is always a good idea to put an explanation in the comments section; especially when you removing time.
- Time sheet REVISIONS must be submitted manually on the Payroll Time Revisions and Labor Distribution Overrides.xls. See above for instructions with one difference: put an X next to “Time sheet is a revision for previous time sheet submitted."
Time in and time out must follow a specific format.
Hour:minute (space) AM or PM
For example 9:00 AM
If you enter the time in any other format the spread sheet will not work correctly.
Des Plaines campus
1600 E. Golf Road
Des Plaines, Illinois 60016
Monday - Thursday
8:30 a.m. - 7 p.m.
8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
* The College is closed on Friday, Saturday and Sunday during the summer (late May through mid-August.)
7701 N. Lincoln Ave.
Skokie, Illinois 60077