Applying for Student Employment
The Student Employee Application is online.
Students have easy access the new online application. You can go directly to our student employee application site at http://oaktonstudentemployee.applicantpro.com/jobs/.
Or, you can access the online application from our online job board https://www.collegecentral.com/oakton/. When you use our online job board you log in, click on Search for Jobs/Opportunities Posted to My School. In Job Location select On Campus and click on Begin Search. Simply click on “Apply Online” in the student employee job description for which you would like to apply.
- You are only applying for those specific opportunities. You CANNOT APPLY FOR STUDENT EMPLOYMENT IN GENERAL, only for specific openings.
- Be as specific as possible when listing your available hours. You greatly decrease your chances of being called for an interview if you are not specific about your available hours.
- Your application is a reflection of you. An incomplete application does not make your attractive to a prospective supervisor.
- The address used for student employment must be the same as your Permanent address in myOakton. If you have moved go to the Enrollment Center and complete a change of address form.
- If you are in the U.S. on a Student Visa (F1), Oakton has sole jurisdiction for providing authorization to work in the United States. Oakton grants authorization to work and withdraws that authorization if you fall out of compliance with your student visa. If you are on a student visa it is necessary for you to contact Cynthia (Bunny) Lynn, 847.635.1713.
What Happens After You Complete an Application
- Career Services will forward a copy of your application to the supervisor of each of the positions for which you applied.
- The supervisor will review the applications and decide which students they would like to interview. If you are selected to be interviewed, the supervisor will contact you directly.
- If you do not hear from anyone after two weeks, contact Career Services and ask about the status of your application.
- If you are not hired for any of the positions applied for, and you are still interested in student employment, it is essential to apply for other positions. Take a look at the current list of available positions to find out if there are any other positions for which you would like to apply. Make an effort to look regularly, because the list of available positions changes all the time.
Des Plaines campus
1600 E. Golf Road
Des Plaines, Illinois 60016
Monday - Thursday
8:30 a.m. - 7 p.m.
8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
* The College is closed on Friday, Saturday and Sunday during the summer (late May through mid-August.)
7701 N. Lincoln Ave.
Skokie, Illinois 60077