¡ANDALE! at Oakton
¡ANDALE! at Oakton works to increase the retention, persistence, and success of the College's Latino/a/x students. Through events and services that promote participation in the collegiate experience, ¡ANDALE! — the Association to Nurture and Develop the Advancement of Latinos in Education — supports the personal, emotional, social, academic, and career development of its Latino/a/x students.
By exploring existing College resources, discussing and analyzing Latino/a/x identities in current affairs, and engaging with the community, ¡ANDALE! students learn new — and improve existing — leadership skills.
Part of Oakton's access, equity, and diversity initiative, ¡ANDALE!@Oakton offers opportunities to:
- attend workshops that provide leadership development and the necessary tools for academic success — from reading textbooks to developing effective study habits;
- participate in community-service projects;
- meet new friends with similar aspirations for the future;
- learn about scholarships;
- attend (fully-funded) conferences
- celebrate at an end-of-year event
There are two ways to join.
- Join the ¡ANDALE!@Oakton cohort program that offers many more benefits.
- Join the ¡ANDALE!@Oakton listserve which gives you access to newsletters with more information about the opportunities listed above.
There's no cost to participate! Don't wait . . . join now!
Download and complete the application to get started.
For more information, contact Franklin Ortega, Des Plaines campus, Room 2805, 847.635.1837, firstname.lastname@example.org.