- Identify the role of the Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) as a member of the health care team.
- Recognize the legal and ethical responsibilities of the CNA.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills with residents/patients and staff.
- Apply principles of infection control in the health care setting.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform nursing assistant skills in a safe manner according to established criteria.
- Demonstrate the ability to meet residents’ basic needs by providing person care.