Transfer Information

Approved Programs

No university or college offers all possible teacher education programs. To determine what programs are offered at each institution in Illinois, see Approved Programs in Illinois.

Education Courses at Oakton

In order to transfer Education courses to four-year institutions, they must be "articulated," which simply means that the Oakton course is accepted as equivalent to a course offered at the transfer institution.

Oakton has created various Education Pre-Majors to help advise students regarding which courses they should take at Oakton in order to both attain an AA degree at Oakton and successfully transfer into a College of Education at a four-year institution to complete the BA in an Education field.

  • Elementary Education Pre-Major
  • Secondary Education / Humanities Pre-Major (coming soon)
  • Secondary Education / Math Pre-Major (coming soon)
  • Secondary Education / Chemistry Pre-Major (coming soon)
  • Secondary Education / Biology Pre-Major (coming soon)
  • Secondary Education / Behavioral and Social Science Pre-Major (coming soon)
  • Special Education Pre-Major (coming soon)

Oakton has transfer agreements with certain area colleges and universities that list the courses students take at Oakton, and the courses students take at the specific transfer institution to complete their BA. These agreements are often called articulation agreements, 2+2 agreements, or dual enrollment agreements. See completed agreements linked below.

  • Oakton - Roosevelt University Elementary Education 2+2 agreement
  • Oakton - Loyola University Elementary Education 2+2 agreement
  • Oakton - Roosevelt University Secondary Education / Math articulation agreement
  • Oakton - Roosevelt University Secondary Education / Chemistry articulation agreement
  • Oakton - Roosevelt University Secondary Education / Biology articulation agreement

Please note that different Schools of Education require slightly different general education courses -- majors will also differ (for example, Secondary Education may differ from Special Education) even within a single transfer institution.

It is best to determine your transfer institution as soon as possible so that you can obtain its general education requirements for your major from an advisor at the transfer institution. Contact the K-12 Education Program Coordinator, Katherine Schuster, PhD,, and the Academic Advisors at Oakton. We are happy to help you in this process.