Upon successful completion of the program, the student will be able to:
- Perform routine clinical laboratory tests (in hematology, clinical chemistry, blood bank, microbiology, immunology, and coagulation) as the primary analyst making specimen oriented decisions on predetermined criteria with, 90 % accuracy.
- Collect, transport, handle and process blood specimens for analysis, following standard operating procedures, with 90% accuracy.
- Select appropriate laboratory equipment and supplies in testing procedures following standard operating procedures, with 90% accuracy.
- Identify factors that affect specimen collection and testing procedures and test results and take appropriate actions within predetermined limits, when applicable, with 90% accuracy.
- Perform routine clinical laboratory testing, adhering to infection control and safety policies and procedures, with 90% accuracy.