Concentration Program Learning Outcomes: Global Studies
- Identify and describe global economic and political systems and their interconnectedness.
- Analyze and critique global systems using competing theories of development: modernization and dependency theories, for example.
- Identify, locate and describe key aspects of world geography.
- Describe, analyze and critique theories and strategies of environmental sustainability.
- Describe, analyze and critique key events, themes and trends in world history and the history of globalization.
- Describe, analyze and critique key works and ideas of world humanities and the arts within an intercultural context.
- Describe, analyze and critique debates regarding the universality of culture, religion, and values.
- Develop intercultural competency through role play, field trips, modern language learning, and/or international field study experiences.