Annual Summer Study in India
Information Sessions for Summer Study Abroad
- Mon. October 23, 12:30-1:30 p.m., Des Plaines, Rm 2430
- Tues. October 24, 3:30-4:30 p.m., Des Plaines, Rm 2430
- Thurs. October 26, 11-Noon, Des Plaines, Rm 2430
View a short VIDEO about the progam.
To set up an individual informational meeting, contact Katherine Schuster, Global Studies coordinator, at 847.376.7118 or email@example.com.
Application Deadline for summer 2018 is February 15, 2018.
Study the History and Cultures of India each summer, and earn six Oakton credits. Spend a month in Hyderabad, India with cultural visits, fieldtrip excursions, tutorial assistance, on-site library and study areas. Housing with free Wi-Fi access and a full meal plan are included.
$2,200 (approx.) + airfare (approx. $2,000.00) Exact costs will be available by February each year.
$1,000 available for students participating in this program!!
Application (Download application)
Applications are due to the Global Studies Coordinator by February 15.
- HUM 220 Contemporary Culture and the Arts (focused on the cultures of India); 3 credit hours
- HUM 160 Introduction to Film (focused on Indian film); 3 credit hours
Hindi and Urdu language course based on student placement
- Completed at least one semester of college
- Completed English Composition I or equivalent with a C or better
- GPA of 2.75 or above
The $2,200.00 (approx.) fee will cover:
- Airport pickup
- Housing and full meal plan
- Cultural visits & field trip excursions
- Free Wi-Fi access
- Tutorial assistance
- On-site library & study areas
The fee does not cover:
- Personal expenses
The airplane ticket will be approximately $2000* for roundtrip.
*Varies by departure city and day of travel.
Both a passport and a visa are required for the summer program in India. Visa applicants must first obtain a passport prior to applying for their visa.
Lodging and Meals
A full meal plan is included. Students live in an international student dorm.
Interested students should contact the Global Studies Program Coordinator, Katherine Schuster, 847.376.7118, firstname.lastname@example.org, for applications and more information.