Veterans Emergency Fund Application
The Veterans Emergency Fund provides temporary financial support to veteran students earning a degree or certificate. Funding is limited to unforeseen expenses and a maximum of two payments.
- Honorable discharge from military service.
- Minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 for all coursework completed at Oakton.
- Registered for at least six credit hours in the current semester.
Award Amount: Maximum award is $300 per student per semester.
Application Process: Submit completed application to the veteran coordinator in Advising Services, Room 1860, Des Plaines. Applications are reviewed on a case-by-case basis; decisions are based on academic program, grade point average, nature of the financial emergency, and available funding as determined by the veteran coordinator and the Oakton Educational Foundation.
Type or print.
All fields are required.
- Military.com - All the Benefits of Service
- United States Department of Veterans Affairs - Education Benefits
- United States Department of Veterans Affairs - VONAPP
- G.I. Jobs
- Military Friendly Schools
- DAV - Disabled American Veterans
- Camp Patriot - for Disabled Veterans
- Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW)
- Veterans Health Administration - Health Care
- National Resource Directory