EKG Technician Certification Prep
Become a Certified EKG Technician in only eight weeks. As a certified EKG technician (CET), you will have the credentials nearly all healthcare employers require to perform the critical tasks of administering EKGs, as well as Holter monitoring, and stress testing. With this certification, entry-level wages of $15 per hour or more are common, and the profession is currently experiencing 14 percent job growth.
- Accelerated Eight-Week Program
- Students sit for Certified EKG Technician (CET) Exam at the completion of the program
- Must be 18 years or older and have a high school diploma or GED
What Students Can Learn
- Anatomy of the cardiovascular system
- Lead placement
- Types of rhythms
- Myocardial infarction
- HIPAA security and privacy
- Hands-on-training (Electrocardiograms, 12-lead EKG Placement)
- NHA-aligned curriculum
- Certification exam included with cost ($115 value)
- Certification testing on site
- Job search training and one on one coaching
- Advising and student support
For more information, please call 847.635.1414.
*Oakton Community College is an NHA partnership school for the EKG program.