Library Services for Oakton Community College District Residents
How to Get Your Oakton Library Card
Oakton Community College district residents may apply for an Oakton Library Card at the circulation desk at the Des Plaines or RHC Skokie campuses.
Oakton Community College district residents include:
- Adults living in the Oakton district (must provide a current valid Illinois driver's license or current valid Illinois state ID card with proof of residency)
- Employees working for a company in the Oakton district (those working in the Oakton Community College district must provide confirmation of in-district employment on company letterhead, signed by their supervisor.)
- Alliance for Lifelong Learning (ALL) students (ALL students not living in the Oakton Community College district must provide an Oakton Community College ALL class tuition receipt)
- Students attending a high school in the Oakton district (must provide a high school student ID, current valid Illinois driver's license, or current valid Illinois state ID card)
How to Borrow an Item from Your Oakton Campus Library
Take the item and your Oakton Library Card to the Des Plaines or Skokie Campus Library Circulation Desk. Staff will check out the book.
Top 6 reasons for Oakton Community College district residents to get an Oakton Library Card:
- Check out a total of 3 items for 4 weeks each
- Renew books in person or by phone (DVDs do not renew at this time).
- Use online Library research resources at Oakton Library Reference computers
- Browse and read magazine, journal, and newspapers in the Print Periodicals collections
Please note that there is a lost book charge which is the cost of the book plus a $10 processing fee if the book is overdue for over 90 days.
847.635.1642/Des Plaines Campus Library
847.635.1432/Ray Hartstein Campus Library