Student Playwriting Competition and Festival
July 22 - 24, 2019
Watch your words come to life on Oakton’s stage . . . and win up to $200!
Now celebrating its 11th year, Play On gives community college playwrights a chance to shine! This unique playwriting festival and competition is open to all community college students in Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin! Winning scripts will be performed during the July festival at Oakton’s Performing Arts Center—and each winning playwright can receive up to $200.
Script submission for the 2019 festival is April 1, 2019.
About the script
- One act play or one storytelling monologue.
- Original work, never previously produced.
- Any genre or style.
- No more than 10 pages.
- Word document
- Twelve-point font.
- One submission per student.
- Include a cover page with the following information: your full name, phone number, mailing address, email address, and name of college.
- Email your Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Auditions for the 2019 festival will take place June 10 - 11, 2019, 6 - 9 p.m. in Studio One, on the Des Plaines campus. No appointments necessary. Cold readings will be available.
Play On benefits performing arts students at Oakton. Festival tickets are $10, no discounts apply. Ticket sales begin June 2019. To purchase tickets, call 847.635.1900, or visit www.oakton.edu/tickets.
For more information, call 847.635.1699 or email email@example.com.