Health & Wellness
At Oakton, we believe that a healthy body is a critical factor in developing a healthy mind. At both the Des Plaines and Skokie campuses, we offer a wide array of health services, fitness programs, and individual counseling to support your physical and mental well-being.
- Health Services programs focus on health education and disease prevention in addition to medical services. At both campuses, Health Services provides a wealth of resources to help you make informed decisions about your health.
- The Fitness Center, located at the Des Plaines campus, features more than 20 workout machines and an experienced staff. The Center offers low-cost memberships to Oakton students and employees as well as for-credit courses on physical fitness topics.
- Individual counseling can help you overcome personal concerns such as relationship issues, loneliness, trauma, or abuse. Offered through the Advising & Counseling Center, personal counseling is available at both the Skokie and Des Plaines campuses.
- Student Health 101™, an online, interactive, health magazine, provides information about health education and healthy lifestyles for students.
- Lactation and Meditation/Prayer rooms, located at both campuses, are available by reservation.