High school graduation or successful completion of the GED exam.
- Prior to the admission interview, applicants must provide proof of successful completion of EGL 101 or demonstrate entry-level competency for EGL 090 by placement testing.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better.
- Native English Accuplacer® Reading Assessment test taken at Oakton's Testing Center with a minimum score of 76 or higher.
- Satisfactory interview with MLT faculty.
- Those admitted will be required to submit a current and complete physical examination record before registering in MLT 204.