- High school graduation or successful completion of the GED exam.
- Foreign high school graduates or students with foreign college credits need to send English translated copies of their transcripts to Educational Perspectives, https://www.edperspective.org/oakton/. Students with foreign college credits should request a catalog match.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better.
- Prior to the admission interview, applicants must provide proof of successful completion of EGL 101 or demonstrate entry-level competency for EGL 090/097 by placement testing.
- Native English Accuplacer® Reading Assessment test taken at Oakton's Testing Center with a minimum score of 76.
- MAT 060 by placement testing.
- Satisfactory interview with MLT faculty.
- Those admitted will be required to submit a current and complete physical examination record before registering in MLT 204.