Concentration Program Outcomes: Women & Gender Studies
- Describe the often overlooked contributions of women to diverse histories and women’s struggles for political and human rights.
- Compare and contrast 4-5 major approaches to feminist theory.
- Employ critical thinking that examines the complex intersections between gender and other identify categories such as sexuality, race, class, ethnicity, age, and ability.
- Interpret content using inter- and cross-disciplinary approaches.
- Articulate a broad understanding of the transformative impact of Women’s and Gender Studies on humanities disciplines as well as the social and natural sciences.
- Implement feminist principles integral to cooperative methods of learning and research.
- Apply feminist theory and methodology to address social problems related to gender and sexuality as demonstrated in action project the capstone requirement for the concentration.
- Examine oppressions related to gender and sexuality experienced by people in multicultural, transnational, and global contexts.