Get a Library Card
How To Get Your Library Card
To get or renew your Oakton library card, please bring an ID (driver's license, state ID, passport, etc.) or course schedule to the circulation desk at either campus.
What Can I Do With My Card?
- Borrow books from either campus library.
- Borrow books from over 80 different colleges and universities throughout the state.
- Borrow books from anywhere in the United States.
- Borrow equipment from media services.
- Use it as a student ID.
- Use it as a student ID at the Fitness Center.
- Use it as a student ID at the Testing Center (in addition to a photo ID).
- Use it as a student ID to get discounts anywhere that offers "student" prices with no age limit (movie theaters, museums, Ravinia, etc.).
How To Borrow a Book
Take the book and your library card to the Des Plaines or Ray Hartstein-Skokie Campus Library Circulation Desk. Staff will check out the book.
How To Create a Library Account
Click “Create New Account,” fill out the form, and click “Submit.”
How To Renew Your Books
- Enter your library Username and Password on the Login screen in the library catalog and then click “Login.”
- Click “Checked Out Items” located in the list of options on the right side of the screen.
- Click the box(es) to the right of each item you want to renew.
- When all the books you wish to renew are selected, click “Renew Selected Items” button at the bottom of the page.