Get a Library Card
Digital Library Card
To apply for a digital library card, please fill out and submit our Library Card Request Form. We will send you a digital copy of your library card within 4 business days to your Oakton email address. Please show your digital card at the library to get a printed version of the card once we re-open.
What Can I Do With My Card?
- Borrow books, dvds, kits, and textbook reserves from either campus library.
- Borrow items from over 80 different colleges and universities throughout the state.
- Borrow books from anywhere in the United States.
- Borrow equipment from media services.
- Use it as a student ID.
- Use it as at the Testing Center (in addition to a photo ID), Learning Center, and Fitness Center.
- Use it as a student ID to get discounts anywhere that offers "student" prices with no age limit (movie theaters, museums, Ravinia, etc.).
How To Borrow a Book
Take the book and your library card to the Des Plaines or Ray Hartstein-Skokie Campus Library Circulation Desk. Staff will check out the book.
How To Create a Library Account
Click “Create New Account,” fill out the form, and click “Submit.”
How To Renew Your Books
- Enter your library Username and Password on the Login screen in the library catalog and then click “Login.”
- Click “Checked Out Items” located in the list of options on the right side of the screen.
- Click the box(es) to the right of each item you want to renew.
- When all the books you wish to renew are selected, click “Renew Selected Items” button at the bottom of the page.