Dual Enrollment Agreement
What is it?
The Dual Enrollment Program allows students the opportunity to be simultaneously enrolled at both Elmhurst College and Oakton Community College.
- Students pay the in-district Oakton tuition rates for the Elmhurst College courses taken during the dual enrollment period.
- Elmhurst College will provide advisement to students to discuss academic program requirements and transfer credit policies.
- Students will track their progress towards both their associate's and bachelor's degrees by working with their counselors at Oakton Community College and Elmhurst College each semester.
- Students will receive communication from Elmhurst College informing them of presentations, workshops, activities, student events, and visits.
- Students who achieve a transferable GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale will have a guaranteed invitation to apply to the Honors Program at Elmhurst College.
- Meet with your advisor at Oakton Community College to verify eligibility to apply.
- Complete the application process for admission to Elmhurst College, see link above.
- Submit participation form to Elmhurst College, see link above.
- Students must have graduated from high school (as evidenced by a high school
(diploma or GED) prior to enrollment at Elmhurst College and be admitted to Oakton Community College.
- Students are required to participate in the program from their first year of enrollment at Oakton Community College through the receipt of their associate's degree.
- Students must take a minimum of one course (4 semester hours) up to a maximum of two courses (8 semester hours) per academic year at Elmhurst College while concurrently attending their community college.
- Initial course at Elmhurst College must be within the first year of enrollment at Oakton Community College, and all courses taken at Elmhurst College are subject to additional academic departmental requirements.
- Students are expected to enroll at Oakton Community College and maintain full time status (12 semester hours) cumulatively between both institutions for entry into their Elmhurst College degree program within three years of initial enrollment at Oakton Community College.
- Upon completion of the associate degree (A.A., A.S., A.E.S., A.F.A., A.A.S.) students will meet the requirement for junior status if 64 semester hours of transferable credit are earned.
- A maximum of 70 credits will be applied to the baccalaureate degree.
- Students are required to maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 grading scale on all transferable course work taken at Oakton Community College.
- Students are eligible to enter into more than 60 undergraduate degree programs at Elmhurst College. The degree programs of Nursing and Education have a higher GPA requirement of 2.8 and will have an additional application process to be considered.The Communication Sciences and Disorders program also has a higher GPA requirement of 3.2 and a separate application process to be considered.
- International students must demonstrate English language proficiency.
Elmhurst Transfer Admission Counselor
Office of Admission
Circle Hall, first floor
To make an appointment with an Academic Advisor please contact:
Des Plaines campus
1600 E. Golf Road, Room 1861
7701 N. Lincoln Ave., Room A100